Looking back at Emu Park’s past

Image courtesy N Maclean.

The Capricorn Coast Historical Society summited this photo of Emu Park in about 1940.

This aerial view of Emu Park shows Fisherman’s Beach in the foreground, with Bell Park behind it and the railway station behind that.

To the left is the jetty, above which is Constitution Hill, now the site of the Singing Ship. The Ladies’ Beach is next left and Main Beach to the south of that, with rocks separating it from Shelly’s Beach.

Zilzie now occupies the scrubby hill in the background.

The Riviera Hotel (destroyed by fire in 1949) is in Emu St and the Grand Central Hotel sits on the corner of Pattison and Hill Streets, the site of today’s Endeavour Inn.