CQ Today staff
We have compiled a list of coming events across our region.
See below where you can attend an array of activities and entertainment offerings.
– Archer Park Rail Museum (Denison St, Rockhampton) school holiday activities. Wednesday, 22 September and Wednesday, 29 September from 10am to 1pm both times.
– Saturday, 11 September. Big Boys Toys’ Rockhampton Auto Show. Rockhampton Showgrounds. Visit www.eventbrite.com.au for more information and tickets.
– Sunday, 12 September from 7.30pm. Celtic Illusion Revisited. Pilbeam Theatre, Rockhampton. Visit seeitlive.com.au for tickets and more information.
– Thursday, 11 November from 8pm. Shannon Noll. Live performance. Leichhardt Hotel, Rockhampton. Visit oztix.com.au for tickets and more information.
– Mindfulness and compassion meditation is held every Saturday from 4.30pm to 5.30pm at the Women’s Health Centre at 225 Bolsover St, Rockhampton.
Run by Sama, a Buddhist nun in the Theravada tradition, the sessions focus on the Buddha’s ’Four foundations of mindfulness’: mindfulness of body, feelings, thoughts and mental states.
BYO cushion, chairs provided. Attendance is free but donations to the Women’s Health Centre are very welcome. Contact: email@example.com 0478 630 888, text preferred.
– Yeppoon Community Markets: The Yeppoon Community Market is held each Saturday morning at the Yeppoon Showgrounds from 6am to 10am. Arrive early for your choice of the freshest local fruit and vegetables the Capricorn Coast has to offer.
– Rocky Racecourse Markets, Callaghan Park
Rocky Racecourse Markets are held every Sunday at Callaghan Park, Rockhampton from 6am to noon. The markets have a variety of stall, local fresh fruit and veggies, and good range of organic fruit and exotic fruits, locally made cakes and biscuits, chutneys and preserves, jewellery, bric-a-brac, ladies and children’s fashions, collectable coins and notes, plants, and timber craft. A recent addition to the markets is organic pork, beef and dairy products, and for a relaxing change try reflexology. Disney character appearances throughout the year will keep the kids entertained.
– Saturday, 2 October at 11am to Sunday, 3 October at 12am. VDM Rock Edge Country Music Festival. Live music acts include Brett Kissel, Cory Marks and more. Buy tickets at vdm.com.au.
– Archer Park Rail Museum: The Archer Park Rail Museum in Denison Street, Rockhampton will be open this Sunday 9am to 1pm. Tram Rides start at 10am.
Bring the family along to look through the carriages and steam and diesel engines, change the train signals, see the Morse Code Table and lots more!
You can also enjoy a morning tea in the Refreshment Room.
– Dances at Alton Downs Hall: Friday, 10 September and Friday, 26 November from 7.30pm. Music by Sid Stickley. Raffles. Novelty prizes. Supper. Admission $12. Contact Joyce on 4934 5120 or 0408 764 201 for more information on the event.
– Read and Rhyme. Gracemere Library. Thursday, 9 September from 9.30am.
– Wellness Expo. Rockhampton Leagues Club. Thursday, 9 September from 10am. For more information, contact (07) 4922 6585 for more information.
– Women’s Health Information and Referral Service Central Queensland’s 30th anniversary dinner. Rockhampton Leagues Club. Tickets cost $80. Friday, September 10 from 5.30pm. Phone (07) 4922 6585 for more information.
– Battle of the Bands. Pilbeam Theatre, Rockhampton. Duration is 150 minutes. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children.
– Mount Morgan Wattle Day Festival – A free family event. Sunday, 12 September from 9am. Emcee will be Paul Culliver (ABC Capricornia Radio Presenter).
Live music featuring Brad Butcher and supporting artist Sammy White! Mount Ukes, Jodie Nichols, John Batley and Family, and Amanda Sealy. Sabaya Belly Dancers. Market Stalls, food and coffee vans, Devonshire Teas, barbecue and refreshments. Meraki Circus Dance and entertainment plus a workshop. Wattle Day Workshop with No 7 Gallery. Curley Lou Balloon Twisting. Rocky Instincts – bush survival, craft, fire making demonstrations. SES demonstration. Mount Morgan Wattle Day Award Presentation.
Amusement rides are free for children. Free Wattle Tree Seedlings courtesy of Murray Hare’s Golden Mount Nursery.
– Week One Finals for NRL Premiership – Eels V Knights. Browne Park, Rockhampton. Sunday, 12 September from 4pm. Contact (07) 4936 8085 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
– Gracemere State School’s 150th anniversary Reunion Fete. Saturday, 11 September from 8am. Cost is free. There will be entertainment, market stalls, food stalls, bar, displays and more. It will be held on the school grounds. Phone Samantha Howard on (07) 4931 7555 for more information.
– Baby Rhyme Time. Emerald Library, 44 Borilla St. Wednesday, 8 September from 10.30am.
– Party in the Park. Lions Park, Emerald. Hosted by the Emerald Preschool and Community Kindergarten on Saturday, 11 September from 2pm.
– VDMFest Music Festival. Biloela Showgrounds. Saturday, 2 October from 2pm.
– 2021 Droughtmaster Next Gen Auction. Monday, 13 September at 7pm. CQLX Gracemere.
– Barista Basics Course. Inegreat Queensland Rockhampton, 223 Campbell St. Visit eventbrite.com.au for more information. Saturday, 11 September at 9am.
– Luna Markets. PCYC Stapleton Park, Lakes Creek Rd North Rockhampton. Saturday, 11 September from 6am.
– Blues Club “On the Deck“. Yeppoon RSL. Sunday, 12 September from 2pm.
– Hotel California: The Eagles Experience. To be performed at the Pilbeam Theatre, Rockhampton. Saturday, 11 September from 8pm. Visit seeitlive.com.au for more information or tickets.
– Laine and Levi: Live music. Railway Hotel, James St Yeppoon. Friday, 17 September from 7pm.
– 70’s Trivia Night. Saturday, 2 October from 6.30pm. The Spinnaker, 38 Anzac Parade in Yeppoon.
– Oktobeerfest. Pacific Hotel, James St Yeppoon. Saturday, 9 October from 12pm. German costume contest, Bavarian inspired food, beers and more.
– Capricorn Food and Wine Festival. Rockhampton Riverbank Precinct, Quay St. Friday, 24 September from 5pm. Visit capricornfoodandwine.com.au/ to purchase a Friday Festival Pass.
– Springtime Harmonies Concert. Emmaus College (middle school). Located at 362 Yaamba Rd, North Rockhampton. Visit trybooking.com for tickets.
– Rockhampton Big Boys Toys Expo. Rockhampton Showgrounds, New Exhibition Road. This event will be held on Saturday, 11 September from 8.30am. Tickets online at www.bigboystoys.com.au or at the gate.
– Christian Hull: What A Mess. Leichhardt Hotel, Bolsover St Rockhampton. Wednesday, 6 October from 7pm. Visit www.oztix.com.au for tickets and more information.